Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Friends depart and Friends arrive!!

WOW......I was impressed with all the comments, emails and personal contacts concerning stopping my Blog. Thank you all very much...the encouragement means a lot to me. When we aren't traveling, or having a disaster, it's hard to find things to write about.


I'll stay with it as long as I can meet the set of standards I set for myself when I decided to do a Blog. I knew it wouldn't be easy, as I'm the worlds worst typist and slower than Molasses in January. I'm definitely not a writer in any way, shape or form. This computer stuff is hard for me as I don't know what I'm doing most of the time. It's a lot of trial and error and can be extremely frustrating at times. But, I will be consistent, I will be reliable and dependable. I won't make you click over here time and time again just to find out that I haven't posted yet. I know how tired I get of doing that. I won't give you a line by line description of every little thing we do in our normal daily life from the time we get out of bed and I won't tell you what we had for breakfast, lunch and dinner, nor what a great dessert we had. No pictures of FOOD!!! I will try to keep it short,(sometimes it's tough!) and to the point and I will post a few pictures to better describe the discussion. If I slip up, let me know and also please advise me of your "pet peeves" in Blogs.... I will do my best to avoid doing them.




It was enjoyable having Rocky and Sheri Rhoades drop in on us for a few days. They are just returning from a long trip up into Canada. We had a great time getting to know these brand new Rv'ers that are on a very worthy Mission. These folks are truly the "Hero Makers"!!!! Rocky spoke at our church service Sunday about their work and he was very well received by all. Check out their web Site "Hero Makers". God Bless them.

Even Ms Megabyte2 had a GUEST!!! Rocky and Sheri travel with a kitty called "DESTINY". Destiny is a beautiful little lady. Sheri has this neat spiral net playpen for Destiny, so we put the 2 pens together and let them get acquainted. They did "talk" a little, but there were so many other distractions, they didn't get together much. Mega2 doesn't even seem to like it outside very much, not for long anyhow.


This is Rocky and Sheri's Teton and Volvo 770. Does that truck look familiar?? This is a strange coincidence, but it looks a lot like ours doesn't it? Come to find out it came from the same fleet of Freight Trucks. It is the same color, same year, same engine, same transmission, same everything....right down to the same radio and 10 speaker amplified sound system. It is EXACTLY a sister to our Volvo 770. This freight Company buys dozens of trucks, all the same color and very fully equipped. They also hire drivers that really keep them unusually CLEAN!! This is the 3RD truck from this Fleet that is in our group of HDT Escapee Forum Members...every one exactly the same. My key even works in the ignition and doors!! Nice going Rocky and Sheri! Enjoy your retired Century Freight Lines Truck... it's a Beauty. It will carry you many, many safe enjoyable miles.



In a few days, good friends Mark and Dale Bruss will be here to see us. Looking forward to seeing them and at the same time we have kids coming from Florida. Pat's daughter Lisa and her husband Randy will fly in on Friday. This will be there first visit to the "Beautiful Black Hills". It will be fun watching them inhale the special beauty this place has to offer that seems to get in your blood!!! You'll be seeing and hearing about all these folks in the future.

Meanwhile, tomorrow we are planning a one day trip up North through Spearfish Canyon. This is a definite recommended Bike ride in the hills, along with Custer State park. Pat has a dental appointment in Deadwood, so we will take the bike with us in the new Cargo Trailer. The appointment is at 8am and it's a good 50 miles to Deadwood, so we will have to start EARLY!Hopefully, she will get out early and we will take the Canyon ride.


It is a GREAT WEEK!!!!!


Thank you all for stopping by........


Mike


This Blog is Published every Wednesday and Sunday..

8 comments:

squawmama said...

Good Morning Mike, I am so glad you are continuing your blog. There is nothing that bothers me with blogs except people who don't comment... I like reading others thoughts & travels, about their families, friends and what knots... I even love the food & I post that a lot...I love seeing any pictures too! I am also a bad speller and don't know who to express myself real well but I love blogging. So keep up the great work... I will always be here to read what you have to say.

Have Fun & Travel Safe
Donna

Unknown said...

Mike, I'm so glad you are going to continue blogging! I look forward to your posts every week and how else would we know how MS Megabyte2 is doing? Please don't stop:)

Rick said...

Hi Mike, it's great to hear that you're feeling much better about continuing your blog. It's great that we all have different attitudes and approaches as to what makes our blogs interesting. If we all wrote about exactly the same things, that I think, would be less interesting. So, keep up the great work and enjoy the busy week ahead.

Nick Russell said...

Mike,
Trust me, I know how hard it is to come up with fodder for the blog machine on a regular basis, but please don't stop! I never miss your blog, and enjoy every post you make. It has allowed us to get to know you and Pat even better, and to keep up on your activities.

Anonymous said...

Hey guys! we just passed through your area the other day, but we were on " a mission" to Sioux Falls, so we just mentally said Hi! and "waived" when we were closest to Custer.

Something is happening to your posts agian, cause I tried to see a larger picture of Rocky's truck, and nothing happened. We are still HDT shopping. . .passed on rigs in Casper, Watertown SD, and Sioux Falls, and are now in the Kansas City area to check on a few.

Like Kathy said. . .Don't stop updating us!

Doug and Jutta

Jerry and Suzy said...

We'll second, third and fourth what everyone else has said about your post.

We appreciate your commitment and personal standards, although we like some of the stuff you say you won't write about. We must agree with not posting every detail of every day. We've nearly stopped reading one fellow who details his entire day as a workamper. But when he travels, his blogs are great, so we have to keep at least peeking at his blog.

Keep it up, we're right there with you, all of us!

Al Bossence said...

Hang in there Mike cause you've got a few more of us blogger folks climbing aboard with you.......

Carol said...

Can't imagine why you would think about stopping blogging!! What would we do if we couldn't share your adventures? I agree with Donna--even food is good!

Now for those of us who aren't RVer's, your travels are what gives us a look-see at other places...and love seeing all the visitors as well.

Maybe I should stop posting food on my blog?!?!?!? :)+