Sunday, May 2, 2010

Finally Our New Table and Chairs Came!

We haven't had a table to eat on except the Patio Set since we moved into our new home over a month ago. The table and chair set that Ms Pat ordered had been back ordered. Finally it came in!!!
Here is our new table and chair set. I really like it...the gals did a great job choosing this set and it matches the rest of our things perfectly. After we got it all set up, it didn't take Ms Megabyte2 long to look it over and pass her approval on it. She likes it, too!!!  While we weren't looking, she found her way up onto it and she thought the decorative center piece tray was a good spot for her to relax. It didn't take Ms Pat long to let her know that it was NOT a  good place for her to be. 
"Ahhh....please, can't I lay here?" Ya gotta admit it does look a little like her bed. But Ms Pat says NO! Anyhow, we got a big laugh out of it. You could say she is a "Platter Full"!!

Whew, we have so much going on around here, I hardly know where to start. FIRST, I have to show you the latest NEW ADDITION.
Gina is all SMILES!!! Just look at her new Polaris 4 wheeler!! This is her early Mothers Day present.  Gina took one of our great neighbors, Paul and Nancy Wilson's, 4 wheelers out in the Desert on a "Girls Only" outing the other day. She was so nervous and excited about going out and riding solo that she could hardly sleep all night before the ride. Always before she rode on the back with Rollie driving. This time she was on her own.  Oh my gosh, she was so scared. Could she do it??  What about the extremely steep hills and all the rocks?  Oh Dear!!  I tried to calm her and so did Rollie.  Ms Pat told her she would be fine. Well to say she did fine would be an understatement.  She did Wonderful!  She LOVED it!!

It was a strange coincidence but the next day we saw a nice 2007 Polaris 330 Trail Boss for sale right here in the Park. It was a nice one and just the right size for Gina. Rollie took her over to look at it and talk to the owner. Soon she came riding it up into our yard. "What do you think POP'S?", she asked. "Is it OK?" Rollie, I and Ms Pat looked it over closely and Pat and I rode it around the block. It was a nice clean solid machine. I went to my computer and checked both the high and low pricing on the NADA  web site. With that info, Rollie and Gina went back to see if they could negotiate a deal.  I took the above picture when she came riding it home. I could tell by the SMILE it was now Hers!!  Good for you GIRL!! You will enjoy it and Polaris is the absolute BEST.   Isn't it great how things work out.  Another little gift from Our father above.  Praise God!

Gina, Rollie, Ms Pat and I all have been working around here to no end.  Gina started trimming all the Oleander bushes we have around here, then Ms Pat got into it and they really trimmed them up so they look so much better.
All of this trimming resulted in TONS of trimmings that had to be hauled to the land fill..  Rollie has been using his truck and has made about at least a dozen trips to the landfill about 6 miles away.

Soon Ms Pat came to me and asked,  "What do you think of removing one of the Rosemary bushes in the front yard?"  I agreed it would be a good idea, because they had gotten a little out of control. So Gina, Pat and Rollie started cutting, chopping and digging away.  I've had a little back problem the past few days so I just sat back and admired their good work.  :-)
One bush removed looked so good they decided to take two.   That's good because Gina's Rock and Cactus Garden was showing up better all the time. 
Here is Gina working on number 3.  These are really tough to cut out as they had spread way too far out.
Poor Rollie, he dug out all the stumps and the ground was hard as concrete! What a JOB!! We thank Rollie and Gina so much for all their great help.....and believe me it's HARDWORK!! In the picture above Gina was pulling on the stump while Rollie was chopping the roots, it came loose all of a sudden and Gina fell completely over backwards.   I didn't get it in time, but it was hilarious.  Look at her grin as she is falling backward.  They are so much fun as they do all this hard work..
I ran off somewhere for a bit and when I returned ALL THE BUSHES WERE GONE!!!!  They decided to remove them all.   Now that shocked me because when we moved into the house I made the statement that I "thought" those Rosemary Bushes should GO!!!!  I was quickly over ruled but I'm glad they are gone. I'm not one for a bunch of Shrubbery.  It took away from the looks of the house and especially the beautiful Rock Displays that Gina is building...
There.....the finished product. Don't you agree it looks so much better? Now you can see the raised Rock arrangement that Gina designed and built. Plus wait until you see the new area she has under construction. You can just see the beginnings of it developing right in front of the screened in porch.   More on that later...
Yep, we're all happy with NO BUSHES and I'm not even going to say "told ya so"!! LOL

With all that's going on, Gregg and I still managed to get in a little 80 mile ride over to Aguila, AZ. Behind Gregg is the famous "EAGLEs ROOST" . See the shape on top where you can see the Eagles beak.  It was a nice ride.  I enjoy riding with Gregg and Bonnie so much.   Gregg knows Harley's inside and out. He helped me put a heat shield on my bike before we left for the ride and it really helped.

Gee, I'm sorry this blog has gotten so long......I don't like long Blogs, but when so much is happening, it is hard to be brief and do justice. I hope I haven't bored you to death and lost everybody's interest.  I promise to try and keep them shorter in the future.

It was a GREAT WEEK!!!

A big Welcome to our latest Followers, Wheel Estate Travellers. Welcome Chuck and Elva. So glad to have you......    Click on any of my followers (well most) pictures and you can visit their Blog....

God Bless you all...

Mike

This Blog is Published every Sunday and Wednesday..

10 comments:

squawmama said...

Hi Mike & Pat... Glad to see all is going so well for you. The yard is looking great!!! You are indeed blessed to have such wonderful, HARD WORKING friends. I haven't had internet service for about 2 weeks and it looks like you have done a lot at the NEW place. Have fun & travel safe!
Donna

Sam&Donna Weibel said...

Nothing boring about seeing the progress on your new home and enjoying the stories of your hardworking friends, Rollie & Gina, we had neighbors like that at our last house and they are sure few & far between,God has brought you guys together and I hope it lasts a lifetime. Be safe out there. Sam & Donna.

All Because Two People Fell In Love said...

Okay Pops, you were RIGHT about the bushes. I take full blame for originally not wanting to dig them up. However, a woman has the prerogative to change her mind.LOL Thanks for all the fun and for allowing us to rejoice with y'all in your new home. Love you both bunches, "Your Kids"

JB said...

It is looking great around there, but if you put Gina in a rock strewn desert there will soon be some reorganizing going on.

Mark and Dortha said...

Great Blog...the yard is looking good. I know Gina has been in her element!

Rick said...

The house and yard are both looking great! I wonder if Gina and Rollie are planning trips to Vancouver Island sometime? I'd sure make room for them in our yard - lol!! I hope you all have fun riding those 4-wheelers!

Jerry and Suzy said...

You tore out those rosemary bushes? Well, no, Rollie and Gina did, but it's still your lot. We have three rosemary bushes in front of our casita, but they are still small and very welcome. If they get that big, we'll have to get rid of them too. Suzy tries to keep them under control by using a lot of rosemary in her cooking, but that's never going to be enough. Good friends are a great help. Our neighbors Ken and Debbie are kind of keeping an eye on us -- he won't let me get up on a ladder, for example.

Jack said...

I said to Danielle a week or so ago that I thought Gina and Rollie would buy a 4 wheeler....

I also said I thought they would buy your small lot....we will see if I am right :)

Too Many Cats said...

Love the table's new center piece! Sandy

Carol said...

Gotta love our pets!!! :)+