Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Winter??? What Winter???

The weather here in Arizona has been out of this world!! It's setting records for the warmest December in history. I, for one, am really enjoying it and appreciate it very much. It's 45 deg when we get up, usually not a cloud in the sky and it gets to the mid 70's during the day. Believe me, I spent enough time in the "Cold Country" in my life that I'm very thankful for weather such as this.

After 40+ years in Nebraska, I've scooped my share of snow and weathered many a blizzard. Oh, how well I remember many winter nights that it got down to -20 deg below 0. I remember this happening every night for about 2 weeks in a row and it would only warm up to about 0 during the day time.  Brrrrrrrrr, makes me shiver to even think about it.   We have been here almost 2 weeks and it's been perfect every day. No humidity, no wind, cool mornings and warm afternoon's.  I love it!

Slowly but surely we are getting things done around the place here. Remember this picture of how our back yard looked when we got here?


Several of the trees had split at the trunk and needed to be cut down. Some branches were hanging out over the neighbors property, so we had to address the problem. See below:

There we go.  Now it looks a lot better, don't you think?  See more of
Ms Gina's rock work around the tree's?

Thank all of you for your congratulations of the quick sale of our property at Retama Village in Mission, TX. The final step, wiring of the funds is scheduled to happen TODAY. So keep your fingers crossed and yes, as Margie and Roger said, what a great Christmas present! 

Yesterday, we spent all day in Prescott.  Prescott is a neat town and much easier to get around in than Phoenix. They have almost every kind of shopping you need up there and it's all in one area east of town. We had an exciting day looking for the things Ms Pat wanted.  The crowds weren't too bad at first, but picked up as the day went on. Shopping still is NOT my thing, even if it is for things we need.  Boy, we need a LOT!!  It just wears me out! It was way after Happy Hour when we got home and I think Ms Megabyte2 thought we had abandoned her for sure. She was happy to see us, but not NEAR as happy as I was to see HER!!

We are happy to see 3 more FOLLOWER'S:
Fiver Adventures
Bob and Vicky
Jan and Len

Welcome aboard Folks.  We sure are glad to have you.  That's brings our count to 148 followers.  Maybe we'll hit 200 yet!!  Click on these folks picture and check out their BLOGS.

It is a GREAT WEEK!!!!

Thanks for stopping by.  Hope you will come back SUNDAY. I might have something SPECIAL to show you then!!!

Remember to tell your kids and family you love them.  They may not be around forever.

God Bless!!

Mike

This Blog is Published every Wednesday and Sunday..

8 comments:

Rick said...

You did a great job on cleaning up those trees, it looks much better.

I'm with you on the shopping too, I like to go in a store, find what I need and then hit the road home.

The weather sure sounds nice down in Arizona, a few more weeks and we'll be in Palm Springs hopefully enjoying the same sunshine!

Al Bossence said...

Yep, sure is great to be out of all that miserable weather blanketing the rest of the country. Even here in the high desert our weather has been totally perfect. Even better than last year. Arizona rocks:))

Margie and Roger said...

OK, rub it in why don't you! Lucky you...having such nice weather. We're having a nice day today in Central Florida but OMG it has been in the 20's. Maybe we should head to Arizona for some decent weather.

Nice job on trimming up the trees and cute rock area as well.

Enjoy that good Arizona weather. I'm jealous.

Sue Malone said...

How wonderful to be in Arizona right now. I am sitting in the airport in Cincinnati on my way home from Florida. I think it's 20 here or something like that and it was a balmy 47 when I left Ocala this morning. Yay desert, I'm'a'comin! of course, it will probably be cold by the time I get there.

Connie and Barry said...

Yes, it looks much better with the trees trimmed. Love how you decorate with stones in AZ. We did that at our Delaware cottage. Makes things look so much neater and easier to take care of, too.

Enjoy that nice weather. We're in the 20's here in PA right now.

Happy Holidays to both of you!
Connie and Barry in PA

Ali Workentin said...

The yard is looking sharp! What part of Arizona are you. We are going to be in the Phoenix/Tucson/McNeal area the early part of March. Would love to meet up with you if at all possible.

Sue and Doug said...

quite the job on the yard!..looking mighty fine!!

Allan and Jeanne said...

We're happy to see you enjoying you place in Congress. It is great that you were able to sell you lot in Texas.