Wednesday, December 21, 2011

More Old Pictures and Memories..... Plus some News!

P1020711
This picture was taken back in 1983 at Mom and Dad’s 50TH Wedding Anniversary.  That is our entire family. I was the oldest and my brother Richard was the youngest, by about 8 years. Oh Boy....that sure brings back the memories. I had traveled for hundreds of miles to be there in Alliance, Nebraska for this big event that my brother and his family had put together. It was a gala affair, held at the local Elk’s club. My parents had hundreds of friends that came to celebrate the occasion.

What really sets this picture aside from others is that tomorrow, December 22ND, would be my brothers birthday. We lost Richard 14 years ago from a massive heart attack. He was only 53 years old.  Happy Birthday Richard......I love ya Man!  It was a devastating loss to our family and to his wife and 3 daughters.  I know his soul rests in peace.  He was a wonderful guy and you know the old saying “you never miss anything until it is gone”.  It is sure true.

Richard was always right there for Mom and Dad, as he lived close to them most of his life. Yes, this picture brings back many sad memories but it also brings back many happy memories.  You can’t dwell on the past sad memories but you can sure cherish the good ones!!  An interesting aspect of this picture is that I am the only one around today.  First Richard, 14 years ago, then Dad died 10 years ago and Mom 5 years ago.  Both mom and Dad were 89 when they were called home by our Father in Heaven.

I sure miss them all and can’t help but wonder why I am still around. I’m sure I would have been voted by many as the first to go.  But, we just don’t know what God's plan is and we must do our best to understand. My folks were avid campers and I always said that one day I will meet them at that great RV Park in Heaven. I pray that will happen, as it sure will be a joyous day!! Praise the Lord!

We have two new followers that I want to Welcome aboard.

Russ Krecklow
Doug and Barb Photos


Glad to have you join Mike and Pat’s Travels. Even though we aren’t doing much traveling right now, we still try to stir up some excitement now and then. Russ is someone that I have seen on most of the Blogs I read, so it's good to see him show up on mine..   Doug and Barb inform me that they are originally from Scottsbluff, Nebraska. Wow, that’s only 60 miles from my hometown of Alliance. I even lived in Scottsbluff for a while, many, many years ago. I still have several cousins there and their families. Always happy to meet a fellow Nebraskan. To check out these folks Blogs, just click on their pictures.



Well, folks the last PressurePro Tire Monitoring system was shipped out Monday.  We are totally SOLD OUT and have elected to retire. So we have officially closed the PressurePro web site. You can go there and see the formal notice. It has been a fun and interesting business that started out back when Tire Pressure monitoring systems were unheard of. I was always worrying about the tires on my big heavy Teton 5TH wheels. I wanted a tire pressure monitoring system for myself and never ever thought of selling them. I ran into PressurePro back about 7 years ago even before they were on the market. They were in the beta testing mode when I finally got ahold of them and they told me it would be at least 6 months before they would be on the market.  

Long story short, I ended up being one of the "testers" of the very first systems.   They made many changes as we gave them our opinion and finally the finished product came onto the market.. We loved it so much that, of course, we told everybody we knew and came in contact with about it.  A lot of them wanted one just like it and I  would call the Company and get them a system. Then one day the President of the Company said, “We should set you up as our first "dealer”  I wasn’t really looking for a job but it was such a neat product that I agreed to go for it. I started out ordering each system as I sold it, then I started stocking a couple systems.

One thing led to another until we were selling a couple hundred systems a year and usually always had 10 to 20 systems on hand.  It was a great, fun job. Much more fun when Ms. Pat saw I was having trouble keeping up and answering everyone's questions and asked me if I needed help!!  Oh baby, did I need help!!  She jumped in with her usual enthusiasm and willingness to help and we were off and flying....attending RV Rallies all over, giving Seminars in RV Parks and we set up a website with the help of my late son Scott and later our friend Mark Bruss.  

It ended up being a full time job.  It was a fun job and we really gave it our best,…but as with all things, there has to be an end and we decided that along with all the other changes we have made in our lives recently, it was just time to kick back and retire, again!!  Remember, though, if you have any questions or need assistance, we are still available to help you.  Just give us a call.


 It is a GREAT WEEK!!!!


Thanks for stopping by and please do it again.  God Bless and those of you traveling, please be safe and...


HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A WONDERFUL AND PROSPEROUS HAPPY NEW YEAR!



Mike


This Blog is Published every Wednesday and Sunday..


7 comments:

Unknown said...

Mike your link to your web site has a comma after the www instead of a period so does not work.

Thought you would want to know.

Mike McFall said...

Thanks for letting me know of the error in my web site URL on my Blog. Enjoyed reading your Blog..Have a Merry christmas!!

Paul and Marsha Weaver OCT. 17, 2009 said...

So you have retired again! Sit back and relax.
Merry Christmas to you both.

Sue and Doug said...

Merry Christmas to you both!!!

Elaine said...

A very merry christmas to you both!!!!!!!! Enjoy the re retirement!

Debbie Goode said...

Happy Holidays to you both! We love our pressure pro system and would not be without it...thanks to you guys!

Al Bossence said...

All the best to you guys for the holiday season....