Sunday, August 5, 2012

Our New Porch

P1040234
Ta Da........Band Roll…………There it is!! They just put the finishing touches on last night as the sun was going down behind the trees.  There's only one more thing we need....a big, buffalo skull to go on that log right under the big log in the middle of the porch.  This is what we're looking for....
Buffalo Skull - Bison Head - Click to enlarge
We're looking for one .... know anybody that's got one?? :-))


(click on above slide show to enlarge)

It used to be that you could put a photo from the Web Albums here on the Blog so you could click on and it would take you to the Album. (I think I got it figured out) Now they have changed that so I don’t know how to do it.   About the time I get something figured out and comfortable with it, they change it. Can someone please explain to me how they now do it? I use Live Writer to publish my Blog as they have changed Blogger so much I’m lost there.   Whew, maybe I am getting too old for these computers...I can’t keep up!! My Son Rollie tells me I’m a young man but I think he’s spoofin' me! Smile

We are so glad to have this project finished…. Hallelujah!! NO MORE MESS!   We love the porch and I’m sure we will enjoy it no end. We haven’t even had a chance to look at it or get used to it yet. I told Ms. Pat "NO MORE building…..we’re done.....finished!"   (famous last words) Smile

Ms. Pat and I are going to take a little trip. Yep, for years we have been trying to get over to visit Glacier National Park. Something always came up and we had to cancel the trip.  Plus, I have always wanted to show her Coeur d'Alene, Idaho. I used to travel to Coeur d'Alene in my work and haven’t been there since 1980 but I always thought it was such a beautiful spot, about the best I've ever seen and I want her to see it.

We both have a good case of "Hitch Itch" and definitely need to take advantage of this big, beautiful 40’ Foretravel motorhome.  So, Thursday morning (maybe even Wed after Ms. Pat's dance class) we are going to go North to North Dakota and stop at Medora and visit the Theodore Roosevelt National Park. From there we will take Hwy #2 across the top of Montana over to West Glacier.

We will spend some time exploring Glacier National Park, riding the shuttle on the "Going-to-the-Sun" road and then move on to Coeur d'Alene.  Then from there we will head on back to Custer.   We will stop and see our friends Mike and Janna for a day or two on the way home.   I’m really getting anxious to hit the road and it will be a great trip. We're both really looking forward to it.  I’ll be cranking up the ole' diesel, warming it up and getting prepared.  

Thanks for stopping by and come on back Wed for the last word before we hit the road..  Plus, if you're in the area come on over and sit under our NEW PORCH!

 It was a GREAT WEEK!!!!

God Bless you all and travel safe…

Mike

This Blog is Published every Sunday and Wednesday..

15 comments:

Sam&Donna Weibel said...

Your porch looks great, now after the Buffalo Skull you need a couple of comfortable chairs to sit out on and you will be set. Hope your trip goes off without ant problems, give the MH a quick look in the next couple of days and let it run to operating temperature and check for leaks and make sure the A/C is working.Be safe out there. Sam & Donna..

All Because Two People Fell In Love said...

Wow!! I love the porch and Gina said she does too. It sure is living up to the name "The Cabin". Enjoy your trip and be safe out there. I know mom must be happy that she is finally going to see Coeur d'Alene. Wish I was traveling with y'all. I'm sure Mike and Janna will enjoy seeing y'all too. Love Y'all,
Your Kids

Paul and Marsha Weaver OCT. 17, 2009 said...

What a difference the porch makes to the front of the house. WOW! I can see you two out there enjoying happy hour.

I am with Ms. Pat...no more projects, Mike. Give the poor lady a break...hehe

We hope you two have a wonderful get-away! Don't forget to take some photos to share with us. Safe travels.

Jim and Sandie said...

Love the new porch. It really really looks wonderful. Enjoy Glacier. They had snow in the mountains a couple of days ago but the heat is back this week. So hopefully you will have perfect weather. If you go anywhere near Williston, be mighty careful with all the oil truckers up that way. Really causing traffic jams and accidents.

Jerry and Suzy said...

Now I'm confused. You got the porch attached, and now you are leaving? Yes, of course, we do understand hitch itch, and you are in an area where you can really scratch that itch. Go for it. As to "no more building" -- famous last words for sure! Keep on building and adding as long as it suits you!

Kevin and Tracy (a.k.a. kcgaz) said...

Porch turned out great and we hope that your upcoming travels are safe and enjoyable!

Al Bossence said...

Always amazes & impresses me how people can build things like that. Looks great. Sure can understand the Hitch-Itch part alright. Sounds like a nice getaway in a great part of the American West. Only traveled through your area once & it was so long ago the cobwebs of my mind have all but obscured my memory of a beautiful land.

Sherry and Charley Dilworth said...

Your new porch looks great!! In addition to the buffalo skull you also need 2 rocking chairs to sit in during happy hour (or any hour for that matter)!! And I am so jealous that you are going to Glacier. That is a beautiful place! We actually drove the Going to the Sun Road in our F450 and it became a little scary at times. But we enjoyed it.

Safe travels and enjoy your trip!!

Duane and Louise said...

The porch looks great!!! Have a safe journey to Glacier.

Ann and Gene said...

The porch looks great. We're heading to Libby, MT tomorrow and then on to Kalispell until Friday. No doubt we'll cross paths as we need head east. Let's stay in touch.

Powers Family said...

Your porch looks great. Just wanted to let you know that we came through Montana on US 2 and stopped at Teddy Roosevelt NP and I would recommend taking 94 over into Montana to about Glasgow. There is about a 20 mile stretch of US 2 torn up between the ND line and Glasgow, not a nice stretch. There is also a lot of truck traffic north of Teddy Roosevelt in the oil fields of western North Dakota.
Have a great trip.

Roadrunner Chronicles said...

Very nice job on the porch! Loved the slideshow and watched every picture! Thanks for figuring it out. Well done!

Betty Graffis said...

We saw plenty of those Buffalo Heads when we were in Tombstone, AZ. I just love your new porch!
~Betty from Milwaukie, Oregon

Sue and Doug said...

the porch looks beautiful!!..nice workmanship!
we just came back today from Coeur D'alene and West Glacier!..did the road to the sun too..spectacular!..make sure you drive all the way to St Mary..and then turn around and come back the same way..the views are amazing..not a trip you will forget!!!!

Lady Dyna Ryder said...

WOW! Lookin' good at 'The Cabin'. Enjoy your porch to the max and have fun on your trip.
No more building... ha ha...we'll see.