Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Have You Heard the News?

I know news travels fast but just out this morning in Nick Russell's Blog, he made the announcement that he and Terry are retiring from having their Gypsy Journal Rallies. This is quite a decision as Nick and Terry have been putting on these Rallies for years. Not an easy decision for them I know. Ms. Pat and I attended many, many of their Rallies as vendors.  Nick is the editor of the Gypsy Journal and a well known author of many fiction books along with many books on RV’ing. If you haven’t looked over his website and seen what all he has to offer, you should do it now.  We have been using most of Nick’s books and directories for years.

Personally, I commend Nick and Terry for this decision. Ms. Pat and I know how tough a decision it is, having just retired from PressurePro a few months ago ourselves. However, as with us it was a decision that had to be made and the right decision for sure.  So from Ms. Pat and I, Congratulations Nick and Terry!! Time to enjoy life and enjoy yourselves.

P1040553
We had a nice Labor Day weekend motorcycle ride out in the Hills with our good friends Bob and Cindy. Three Trikes...that was quite a sight. Bob and Cindy have had a pair of Trikes for years. They live on a farm near Hemingford, Nebraska, which is close to my home town of Alliance. Bob's parents and my parents were friends and we met through our parents who have all passed on to that big campground up in Heaven. I know they are looking down on us and smiling as we continue to enjoy the friendship of this fine couple. Always good to see them when they come up and enjoy our Hills!

We have been staying busy doing our usual early morning hikes out around stockade in Custer State Park and Ms. Pat continues to work with her sewing machine making all types of things.  She has now started on a new quilt. She is holding dance classes two mornings each week at the Custer YMCA.  I've been messing with my favorite toys....Guns. I miss my private shooting spot right behind our place in AZ and, of course, the Wickenburg shooting Range. I just can’t find a decent place to shoot out here. Especially this summer with it being so dry and so many fires around us. It is just to dry to even be out in the National Forest with our 4-wheelers. 

It was a treat meeting and getting to know fellow Foretravel owners George and Pat. They have been staying at the Broken Arrow Campground just a couple miles from us and it was enjoyable talking Foretravels with them and inspecting each others RV’s.  They have a beautiful Motorhome that is the same year as ours.

P1040594
Finally, an event that I have been looking forward to for weeks finally happened.  I was excited all day knowing that our great friends Greg and Bonnie were arriving.  All day I kept going to Ms. Pat and asking “Did they call yet? Where are they”?  They had a long drive up from Colorado yesterday but not long before sundown they pulled onto our "little Hill in the Hills".  After many hugs and hello’s, we got them all settled in and hooked up.  Now the fun begins.  I have lots of “projects” that I have saved just for Gregg's expert help.  He always tells me to save some projects for him…so I have a couple biggies.   But we’ll also squeeze in a lot of FUN!! Smile  Now get on up here Paul and Nancy, we’re waiting for ya!

It is a GREAT WEEK!!!!

Thanks for stopping by and we hope you will hurry back.

Travel Safe and God Bless..

Mike

This Blog is published every Wednesday and Sunday..

5 comments:

Jim and Sandie said...

Now don't work the poor man too hard. He might not be up for the fun part. lol Have a great time.

Jerry and Suzy said...

Mike, thanks for the news about the Gypsy Journal rallies. We don't read Nick's blog very often now, so we would have missed that. Those rallies are a heckuva lot of work, but they have been the best rallies around!

All Because Two People Fell In Love said...

Okay Pops, You need to tell Mom to slow down just a little. Remind her she is retired.LOL I know you are going to have a lot of fun now that Greg and Bonnie are there. I sure wish Gina and I were up there too. I forgot the other day to tell you that you did a fantastic job getting that fireplace put together. It looks great and Mom's quilted runner looks great on top. fI do have one question for you. Where are all those antique irons of yours? You need to find a great little spot int he cabin to display them. They are all so impressive. Take care pops and I cannot wait to see y'all soon.
Love and Hugs,
Your kids

All Because Two People Fell In Love said...

Okay Pops, You need to tell Mom to slow down just a little. Remind her she is retired.LOL I know you are going to have a lot of fun now that Greg and Bonnie are there. I sure wish Gina and I were up there too. I forgot the other day to tell you that you did a fantastic job getting that fireplace put together. It looks great and Mom's quilted runner looks great on top. fI do have one question for you. Where are all those antique irons of yours? You need to find a great little spot int he cabin to display them. They are all so impressive. Take care pops and I cannot wait to see y'all soon.
Love and Hugs,
Your kids

Paul and Marsha Weaver OCT. 17, 2009 said...

ANOTHER BIG PROJECT! We thought just a blog or two ago you said no more BIG projects for awhile. We knew you would get bored and need to get your hands dirty...hehe