Sunday, October 5, 2008

Greetings from Kansas State Fairgrounds!!!!


This is the Kansas State Fairgrounds in Hutchinson. It's a BIG place and we have lots of BIG rigs arriving.

Both sides are filling up with beautiful rigs of all sizes and shape. Last count was 34 and more are arriving.

Our's is parked right in the middle where there is LOTS of action!! We're talking "PressurePro" to lots of new and old customers...

Then along about 4:00 pm it's "pre-Rally social hour",,,,,,,,,,,,every night a few more friends showed up. Soon the crowd was HUGE!!! Pot Luck and snacks galore........What a GREAT life!!

Saturday evening at 5pm was the official opening and welcome. We set up our PressurePro display table and soon thereafter everyone was welcomed to the 5TH National Heavy Duty Truck Rally. After that, as you can see from the above picture the snack counter was quite popular!!! Lots of GREAT conversation with old and new friends and at 7pm a live band took over. Many soon returned to their home on wheels, while others danced the night away........
A very pleasant evening and the 2008 HDT rally is off to a SUPER start!!! Our PressurePro seminar is Tuesday morning and there are many others scheduled throughout the week. This is gonna be FUN!!!!!:-)
*************************************************************************************

Now a little bit on the Sad and Serious side.............


As many of you know this is a picture of my youngest son Scott. It was just ONE year ago yesterday on 10-4-07, while we were at this same Rally, that Scott called us and informed us that he had been diagnosed with LEUKEMIA....................
After a long and hard fought battle that included many, many heavy doses of Chemo and dozens upon dozens of other medications and transfusions, including a bone marrow transplant from his older brother Mikel, it was 8 months later on June 5TH that he lost the battle. He was 47 years old and such a good kid. My buddy, my pal. A guy I confided in a lot and a guy that was always very kind to Pat and I. I sure miss him, as I know we all do, but I'm so thankful that God let me enjoy him for 47 years and that I got to spend the last month of his life at his side.....

Scott loved to RV, but he was always so busy with work and all that he didn't get to do it as much as he would have liked to. But now he's gone to that GREAT campground in the sky and he is Rv'n right here with us, that's what the "empty" campsite right next to us is, it's reserved and dedicated to Scott. Scott, lets go for a walk!!

The following is a poem that Ann, Scott's wife found and we all think it describes what Scott would want. I'd like to share it with you:


"I'm Free"
Don't grieve for me, for now I'm free
I'm following the path God laid for me.
I took his hand when I heard him call
I turned my back and left it all.
I could not stay another day
To laugh, to love, to work or play.
Tasks left undone must stay that way.
I found that place at the close of the day.
If my passing has left a void
Then fill it with remembered joy.
A friendship shared, a laugh, a kiss.
Ah yes, these things, I too, will miss.
Be not burdened with times of sorrow.
I wish you the sunshine of tomorrow.
My life's been full, I savored much.
Good friends, good times, a loved one's touch.
Perhaps my time seemed all too brief;
Don't lengthen it now with undue grief.
Lift up your heart and share with me
God wanted me now, He set me free.
Author Unknown
God Bless you all, thanks for stopping by. Please stop in next week, or sooner and leave a comment or a note in the "shoutbox".
Mike
It was a GREAT WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This Blog is published every Sunday morning

2 comments:

Jerry and Suzy said...

Hello again! Looks like the PressurePro business is going well. Good for you.

We are sure you miss Scott very much, as your blog shows. It was good that you had a chance to remind us all about a fine young man.

Anonymous said...

I finally made it to you guy's page and I'm very impressed! I'll get back here as soon as possible.

It was great talking to you the other day; I hope I didn't interrupt your shopping too much...

I have to say that I still have tears in my eyes after reading your dedication to our boy and my kid brother Scott. I want to call him soooo bad sometimes. I miss him prodigiously. We lost a beautiful human being here on earth. God I wish my bone marrow cells would have been strong enough to save him. We were all so certain he would still be with us.

You're right, though. At least God was willing to let him brighten our lives in one way or another for 47 years.

God bless you little brother, wherever you are. I'm sure time in Paradise is faster than here. I'm looking forward to seeing you and Megabyte in the not too distant future. GodSpeed, bro. I talk to you every day. Thanks for your help.

Dad & Pat