Sunday, June 22, 2014

Happy Birthday!!!


I just saw on Facebook where today is Kris Kristofferson’s birthday…
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kris-Kristofferson/104021299633658

I had the pleasure of meeting Kris once:

Way back in 1978 or 79, I was working for Dairyland Ins. Co. out of Salt Lake City, UT. where I was the regional manager. I was on a road trip calling on several of our best producing agents all over the great state of Montana. I was in the Kalispell, MT. area and checked into the local Holiday Inn. As I walked into the lobby, I saw this tall familiar looking gentleman coming threw the lobby, As we passed, our eyes met and we smiled at each other and said the usual “Howdy” and this gentleman said to me “How Ya Been”?  I replied “real good, and you”?  He stated back “I’ve been great!” then he said “Good seeing you again” and of course I stated back “you too”!!

I thought to myself, I know that guy, but I can’t remember where I have seen him before or who he is. I’m sure you all know how that happens and how it bothers you.   Still trying to remember who this friendly gentleman was, I ask the check in clerk at the desk if she knew who that fellow was.  Why yes, that is Kris Kristofferson. He is making a movie in this area and the film crew is staying here.  OH MY GOSH !!, Heck yes, I had just encountered the tall good-looking, friendly, singer and movie star, the not so famous then, Kris Kristofferson.

So that was my encounter with Kris and I don’t know why, but I always just thought of him as a friend after that. In just a few seconds I knew I had met a guy that was special. A guy that never met a stranger. (you know the type) He has always been special to me since then and it is the last time I saw him in person.  He has became a lot more well known since that time and I have found out one other thing about Kris. Today is his BIRTHDAY..

I am very happy to share my birthday with him. I am a few years older than he is for sure!!
Well, would you believe 1 year? Kris was born in 1936....
.
Happy Birthday Kris Kristofferson, and you too Mike McFall.

8 comments:

Ron and Thelma said...

Happy Birthday Many more

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday - to you and Kris!
kathi
arlonHboozer.com

TravelBug-Susan said...

Happy birthday, Mike! Tell Kris happy birthday too. LOL.

where's weaver said...

Happy happy birthday dear friend.

Kenny And Angela's Adventure said...

Happy Birthday Mike!!

Betty Graffis said...

Happy, Happy Birthday Mike!!

Wesseld said...

Happy Birthday Mike! I'll try and stop by this coming weekend if we make it up there. (This is Don, the guy who stopped by to meet you, and we are the ones that bought lot #96 down at the southeast corner of the ranch.)

Don

Nan said...

Happy Birthday to you, Mike. May God bless you mightily in the coming year.