Sunday, April 15, 2012

April 15TH ....Lots of Memories

April 15TH always means TAX TIME for most people but for me it was always Mikel's Birthday!!
P1020828
He was my "little" Cowboy.....my pride and joy.

Today, April 15TH is his BIRTHDAY.  He would be 57 today.  Ms. Pat and I dedicate this  Blog to Mikel and his brother Scott.

DSC_0996
The three MIKE’S............This was taken on March 31, 2010 when Mikel and grandson Mike came to see us here at North Ranch. That was a great visit. 

DSC_0998
Here they are as they leaving, headed for a little trip up to the Grand Canyon before they headed home. I had no idea that it was the last time we would ever see him again. It was on May 11, just a few weeks later, that we received word that Mikel had passed away during the night. Complications from pain medicine, coupled with some antidepressants and other "mood altering" drugs the Doctors had him on, was just more than his system could handle.  

So many Memories of the wonderful times we had together. Our time together was cut short but it was a wonderful blessing that God let me have this boy in my life for 55 years.  The memories go on and they will go on as long as I live.....HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIKEL.  I love you and miss you a lot!

It was a GREAT WEEK!!!!

386242_271320352915486_179697605411095_711964_988645571_n

This Blog is Published every Sunday and Wednesday..

17 comments:

Kenny And Angela's Adventure said...

Sad but true life does go on. Have a good week..

Bev and Jim said...

I empathize deeply for on May 2, it will be 16 years since I lost my daughter, Sheri. Rather than dwelling on a hole in my heart, I focus on the footprints she left on my heart. Mike and Pat--A great tribute to your son. May the Hands of God always be on you...

JB said...

The memories are what make the loss bearable.

That and the fact that we really have no choice about going on we only have a choice about how we do it.

Know that today we are thinking of your loss and sharing our love.

Karyn-Lee said...

Thinking of you today.
God bless

Rod Ivers said...

JB's thoughts are from a fellow that understands. And it would be hard to improve on his conclusions, but know that there are many of us that send our love on these tough days..... Rod and Loyce.

where's weaver said...

Thank you for sharing Mikel and grandson Mike with us. We help carry your burden today. God Bless you both!

Sue and Doug said...

nice memories you have of your 'son'..and a great tribute to him on what would have been his birthday...life is indeed too short..and they seem to take the good ones far too early!

Happytrails said...

Yes, life goes on but it is sometimes so unbearably hard to do. It is at these times we KNOW God's mighty hand is at work. God bless you and Ms. Pat and I pray for God's peace and love to surround you at this time.

Kevin and Tracy (a.k.a. kcgaz) said...

We never know His plan or understand His timing...very nice tribute to your son! God's peace.

Al Bossence said...

Having never gone through the Fathering process I can only try to imagine how tragic it must be to lose a Son or Daughter. Our thoughts have been with you both today......

Janna and Mike said...

Hey guys, you are in our thoughts today!

René and Jeanette Genereux said...

Nice memories you shared of your last visit with Mikel. Thankfully, your memories are vivid and lasting.

Donna K said...

Thanks for sharing your memories of Mikel. What a nice tribute. The memories live forever in your heart.

Bruce said...

I still can't imagine how terrible is is to lose a child. In your case two. My heart hurts for you...

Elaine said...

very nice pictures and memories ..thanks for sharing..our thoughts and prayers are with you both....

Elaine said...

very nice pictures and memories ..thanks for sharing..our thoughts and prayers are with you both....

Anonymous said...

Having lost an Uncle and a niece this week I feel for you deeply. He was a handsome man, your son