Sunday, February 8, 2009

Rallies and RAIN, go together.

Yesterday, the first day we were in Arizona in 2009, it was 43* when we got up and it was a beautiful day. Quite a change from the morning before of 27* in Deming, NM.

The Gypsy Journal Rally is taking form. Many of the Volunteers and the Vendors like to arrive early and get prepared. We have a "staging area" in sort of a group near Nick and Terry's Bus.
Here is a picture of part of the group. That's Nick and Terry's Bus in the background and the friends and workers are gathering. Poor Nick and Terry, they have so much going on all at once and so many people coming at them that they are going nuts. But these folks are Pro's at this and as I always say "this isn't their FIRST RODEO"!!!
They do EXCEPTIONALLY well!!! Here is a link to Nick's Blog that he publishes every morning. I will be helping with the Parking and Pat will help with Registration today but starting tomorrow, we will be working our PressurePro, PowerTank and Dri-Wash businesses all day, everyday.
This Fairgrounds is a BIG place and right now it is BUSY! This is a picture looking back towards the activities center where the Rally will take place. It is presently cram, jam, filled up with folks having a GOURD show. I never had any idea so many people were interested in Gourd's! There is a slight conflict, as their show is not over until today and the Gypsy Journal Rally early registration is also today. Lots of folks love to get to Rallies at least a day early, so I suspect there will be many arrivals that would like to get parked. So we will see what happens. I have volunteered to help with the parking this morning...and it could prove to be a challenge. Things like this are what keep life interesting!

OK, I've got dozens of emails about the kitty. "How's Megabyte2 doing?", everyone is asking. Since this kitty made National News yesterday in Nick Russell's Daily Blog, I guess me keeping it a secret was not very realistic. LOL

I will say it's been an experience! I don't know who's life has changed the most, Mega's or ours. There has been a lot of adjusting and learning for all of us. I'm happy to report that all is well and let me tell you, this Kitty is QUEEN FOR A DAY,,,everyday!! We've made about 10 trips to Walmart and Pet Stores, she is on her 3RD litter box (she's kind of "picky")and we've been hauling food, litter, etc. home. The fact that she is pregnant adds to the anxiety on everyone's part. I have asked her, if she can, would she please wait until we get to North Ranch before she has them! :=) Pat has made at least 4 calls to a Veterinarian in Wickenburg for advice. We're learning! She loves riding in the truck while we're traveling and just sleeps and sleeps...probably resting for the "big day".

I am surprised, as I know most of you are, that we are doing this. I never ever thought it would happen. But maybe it is a blessing in disguise, maybe it's a change we needed. Like my friend Kathy Detweiler said, this is an Angel Kitty!!! I can see Scott smiling now!
Pat surprised Mega2 and I both on the early morning of our 3RD day on the road by snapping this picture. I was doing the Wednesday Blog. I guess you can see that neither of us are too stressed!!!

Even though it started raining during the night last night and the place around here is a muddy mess, this is going to be a GREAT RALLY. Wish you were all here.

See you Wednesday and thanks for stopping by.

It was a GREAT WEEK!!!!

Mike

This Blog is published every Sunday and Wednesday.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jerry and Suzy said...

Looks like Mega2 has found herself not only a "Patsy" but a "Mikesy" as well! She's lucky, and so are you guys, we believe!

It was so good to finally meet you in person! You gave us a grand welcome.

As to the weather and the space conflicts, "It's all part of the adventure!"

Carol said...

I LOVE the picture of Mega2 on the chair with you, Mike!!!! Stress? Ha!!! I think that the kitty will "birth" her babies with no problem---and probably needing no help. The key will be finding where she has them! We will definitely look forward to that posting! :)+