Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Gone FISHIN !!!!

This morning (Early) we are going FISHING!!!! We have been working like crazy and planned on being out on the lake before this, But there is just so MUCH to do!!!! Plus all my batteries, trolling and engine had gone south. I had to go to Rapid City, 45 miles and get new ones. The lower gear case on the motor needed changed and the spark plugs needed to be checked and cleaned or replaced. All lights need to be checked and the list goes on and on!!!


I believe I have it all ready to go,,,but the final test is when you get in the water. Sometimes it goes OK and sometimes it don't. We will see how it goes.


This is our little (17') Lund fishing boat. We have had it for 7-8 years and it has given us a lot of super fishing enjoyment. Its not a BIG boat, or a fancy boat, but it fits Pat and I perfectly. We have a 35 hp Evinrude on it and a superb trolling motor with foot control.


The Pickup is a 1991 Chev 1/2 ton v8 that I bought from my Dad. He bought it new and we got it from him about 12 years ago. It is in Superb condition and runs like a top. I wouldn't trade it for a new one, plus it has a lot of sentimental value. I can't trade it off or sell it, it just means to much to me. I just like to drive it and have it around....My Dad died almost 8 years ago. This truck is all I have left to remember him. I will NEVER get rid of it!


Anyhow,,,,were taking off for the lake this morning.....will leave at 0500,,,,it is a 35 mile drive and we hope to be on the water by at least 0700. Wish us luck!! The wind is supposed to come up about noon,,,,,,,as usual!!!


Sorry I don't have more time to post,,,but I'll let you know how we do....


Its a GREAT WEEK!!!!


Mike


This Blog Published every Wednesday and Sunday.....

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

All Because Two People Fell In Love said...

Good luck and hope the fish are biting for you

Rollie & Gina

Rick said...

Looking forward to seeing pics of all the fish you caught!!

Jerry and Suzy said...

Mike and Pat - get out on that lake and fish fish fish! If you catch something, that's even better. Live your life every day, but then you are already doing that! And we are delighted to be brought along with you!

Carol said...

Hey! By the time you read this you will be back from the fishing trip---unless you were going away for a few days. Anyway, hope you caught a bunch. Love the truck. We have had the Toyota truck since 1993 and it will probably be with us forever too. It is a great truck and have had some offers for it---but they weren't good enough to NOT refuse. Hugs to both of ya!

Debbie Goode said...

Enjoy the day! I used to go fishing with my grandfather--we had such fun, just the two of us out on the water...ah the memories