Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Wednesday Comes Awful Fast!

I get Sunday’s Blog done and think I can relax and not have to think about what I am going to write for a while… then WHAM, it's Wednesday! What already? I sure don’t think I could handle writing a Blog everyday.  I can hardly handle twice a week!

In just two weeks from tomorrow, we will be leaving North Ranch and heading to our place in the Black Hills. That time will continue to fly by and soon be upon us. We have been mentally preparing ourselves for the trip. There is a lot of things that have to be done to prepare a place to be shut up for 6 months. The worst thing about it is that the majority of it can’t be done until right before you leave. So about all you can do is try to make the decision of what to take, what will you need and what should you leave.  It's harder than you think to make that decision.

I don’t know how many times this winter I have said “I have one of those but it's up in Custer”.  Now I know that sure enough when I get to Custer, I’ll be needing something and saying “Hmmm, I have that but it's down at North Ranch”.  Boy, it was easy when we were full timing and carried everything we had with us……. But it's part of the game we play and we will get it figured out.  Anyhow, I’m getting anxious as usual….

Looks great from this angle
I’m looking forward to getting my Harley running and riding out in the hills. It is sealed up in the cargo trailer which is stored inside our toy barn, so it should be easy to get ready to go. Last year it didn’t even have a speck of dust on it……

P1030182
Meanwhile, Ms. Megabyte2 is getting so she gets in her buggy and gives me that pathetic look. I can just tell she is saying “Come on, Pops, I want to go for a ride”! I gotta run…….

It is a GREAT WEEK!!!!

Welcome to our latest followers:

Sherry and Charley Dilworth

Sherry and Charley have been good friends for a long while and I know they are not new followers, but it's good to see them on the list.

Thanks for stopping by....travel safe.

Mike

This Blog is Published every Wednesday and Sunday..

4 comments:

Paul and Marsha Weaver OCT. 17, 2009 said...

Boy do you look "bad" on that bike Mike.
Ms. Megabyte2 has the same look Bella does when she wants to go outside. Aren't they just darling.

Al Bossence said...

Yep, we're beginning to get a little taste of that two place confusion as well. And heck, we haven't even lived in one of the places yet. We have a long 5 months before we head for Congress & already we are trying to decide what goes & what stays. The thing I like the least about departure dates is having to wait for them. Once the thought of going somewhere enters my mind I am instantly chomping at the bit to get going. Let's just get the show on the road. I have a feeling you are the same Mike.........:))

Sherry and Charley Dilworth said...

Thank you so much for the honorable mention!! We envy you your trip back to the Black Hills. Wish we could join you there this summer (again). We love it there!! If we ever decide to put down roots again somewhere for the summer months you can bet that Custer will be at the top of the list!! And don't let planning for your return get you too frustrated!! :)

Karen and Al said...

We've been thinking about getting our Baxter a kitty stroller. It looks like Ms Megabytes likes hers.