Sunday, May 22, 2011

Load ‘er up!

OK, we’re getting serious about this "loading the Motorhome thing". We just received a $20,000.00 stock order of PressurePro Tire Monitoring Systems that needed to be inventoried and sorted. We have to, of course, take all that with us, which takes up a good bit of our basement area. Ms. Pat says it all has to go down there because she has NO ROOM for it upstairs.


I received an email from a friend that asked “Hey Mike, do you still have that ROTOCHOK for sale”? Hmmmm, well yep, by golly I do still have it. I had forgotten all about it, just as I have so many other things I have had in the past. Rotochok is a top notch, heavy duty trailer wheel chock.  One of the best I have ever seen and I have had one for years.  They're a little pricey, as most good stuff is, so most of us jump at a chance to get a good used one. I’m shipping this one to my friend Al in Iowa and he got a good deal on it, like half price.

While digging up the Rotochok, I ran across another neat item that I forgotten I had. It is a 25’, 30 amp electrical cord with a 50 amp electrical twist lock connector.  Since I don’t have that type hookup on my Motorhome, this one is excess to my needs…. so if you can use it call or email me quick and it's yours for half price.  Here is what I am talking about:    Camping World   

This week was going along just fine, then Friday we got hit with a couple items that totally set us back.  Friday we received word that my last living Uncle had passed away.  We knew my mother's youngest brother Ed was extremely sick and in the Veterans hospital in Reno, NV. We had talked with him the previous week and could tell he was failing fast. His daughter advised us that she had asked Hospice to step in. Uncle Ed was the last of both Mom and Dad’s sisters and brothers.   He was only 4 years older than me and he used to live right here in Congress, AZ. About 3-4 year’s ago family took him home to Reno because his eyesight was failing.  He had the same thing Mom had “Macular Degeneration”.... the fast kind.  Rest in Peace, Uncle Ed.


Then yesterday, we found out that our Pastor in Custer, SD had moved 300 miles away to another Church in Platte, SD. Neal and Deb Hughes were special dear friends....not only our top fishing buddies but Neal was one Pastor that really touched our hearts.   He was an old Cowboy and once a Cowboy, always a Cowboy. Neal and I had similar Ranch backgrounds and we had a special bond.  So special that a couple of years ago, I asked Neal to re-baptize Ms. Pat and I in this special place in the Black Hills that God had led us to and that we enjoyed so much.  Many of you remember this Blog Post

Pastor Neal was also very instrumental in helping me understand and accept my two Sons death.  He further strengthened my Faith in God in so many ways.  Oh dear, I’m going to miss him and I know Ms. Pat will also.  We are devastated that he is gone. We don’t know the details of his transfer yet but Deb told us "the Lord is moving".  I can hear Neal telling me that it was God’s calling.  Well, I have a feeling that we will be making a trip East 300 miles to Platte, SD to see Pastor Neal and Deb and listen to one of his very moving Sermons.  God Bless you my Man.

We ask God to continue to give us strength to go on and we continue give thanks for so much he has provided for us.

It was a GREAT WEEK!!!

Now we're off to Church to our other "favorite" Church.  By this time next week, God willing, we should be on the road headed home to Custer,SD. We may not have internet all the time but we will keep you posted as soon as we do. 
 
Thanks for stopping by, hope to see you Wednesday.

Travel safe, and tell your loved ones you love them.  They may not be around forever.

Mike

This Blog is Published every Sunday and Wednesday.. 

7 comments:

Jerry and Suzy said...

Mike and Pat, so sorry to hear about Uncle Ed's passing. He's now with his God in Heaven. Also a shame to lose Pastor Neal. We remember how glowingly you wrote about him. Good for you for doing so well in the Pressure Pro and used RV gear business! Good to hear from you again. Stay safe.

test said...

Sorry to hear about your uncle Ed, you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

It sounds like you guys are "ready to roll"; I know how much you are looking forward to getting back to your beautiful surroundings in Custer. Have a safe journey back we will be thinking of you!

Hugs!

Debbie Goode said...

So Sorry to hear of your loss and that your favorite Pastor was called away. I lost my favorite pastor...one who had helped me through some very trouble times with my son. It took me a awhile to get passed it and find my way back to the church,but I did. Now I understand that God put him there for me when I needed him most and God sent him to help others...just like he helped me.

Janna and Mike said...

Don't work too hard loading that motorhome. We too are sorry to hear of your Uncle's passing and the loss of your pastor in SD. We will be thinking of you both. How is Ms Pat's back?

Happytrails said...

So sorry to hear about your Uncle. We will certainly keep this in our thoughts and prayers.

I can sense excitement in getting ready to "hit the road." I know you will miss your pastor. He sounds like a real man of God and someone that has touched you and Ms. Pat's lives. I am sure you all will be seeing him while in SD.

Nick Russell said...

Mike, I'm sorry for th eloss of your Uncle Ed. May he rest in peace.

squawmama said...

So sorry to hear about Uncle Ed and the loss of your pastor. Our prayers and thoughts are with you.
{{{HUGS}}}
Donna