Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!


Lame Johnny Creek Road,,CSP Nov 2011
I have spent many Thanksgivings in this kind of weather. This picture was taken last weekend on the Wildlife Loop Road in Custer State Park.

P1020657
In fact, here is an old picture taken way back when I used to live in the cold country. This was taken about 68 years ago, (I can’t believe it's been that long) when I was just 8 years old and rode my pony “Patches” to school everyday. I retrieved this picture from those old pictures that my son Patrick brought me last Winter. Gosh does this ever bring back some cherished memories….  It just so happens that yesterday would have been my parents 78TH Wedding Anniversary.

P1020664
Speaking of pictures, here is a picture of a couple youngsters I know. This picture was taken just short of 25 years ago.

These couple pictures are only a mere sampling of all the things that I have to be thankful for on this Thanksgiving.  Where all this time has gone, I don’t know. However, with the Grace of God, we are where we are today.

Rollie and Gina,,,Formal night on Cruise Nov 2011

Rollie and Gina have been on a Cruise and sent us this picture that was taken with their iPhone on "Formal Night". WOW......aren’t they beautiful? Thanks kids for sending it to us…..their love for us is another thing we have to be thankful for.


P1020655

One more picture of our little Ms. Megabyte2 on another one of her many perches. This is a recent picture taken as she tried to climb on up to the upper shelves, but couldn’t quite master it.  I'm sure she'll keep trying until she does.  She's trying to look like another one of the "ornaments". :-)  She is a wonderful part of our life....I don't know what we would do without her.  We have so much to be thankful for!!

A very good friend sent me the following and I would like to pass it on to you:

May your stuffing be tasty. May your turkey be plump.
May your potatoes ' n gravy have nary a lump.
May your yams be delicious. May your pies take the prize.
May your Thanksgiving dinner stay off of your thighs.
MAY YOU HAVE A BLESSED THANKSGIVING!


To all of our kids, grandkids, and great grandkids scattered around in Florida, Louisiana, Nebraska and Arizona, we miss you and love you all very much.............AND HAPPY THANKSGIVING!! 


It is a GREAT WEEK!!!!

Thanks for stopping by…..

Mike

This Blog is Published every Wednesday and Sunday..

8 comments:

Ruth said...

Hope yours is a most wonderful ThanksGiving...

Kenny And Angela's Adventure said...

Looks like you guys got out of Dodge just in time..

Happy Thankgiving!!!

Travels with Emma said...

I'm a little confused. You said the picture of you on Patches was taken 76 years ago when you were eight. That would make you 84 now, and your parents didn't get married until you were 6?? :)

Regardless, I hope you both have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Paul and Marsha Weaver OCT. 17, 2009 said...

What beautiful pictures! HAPPY THANKSGIVING to the two of you! Enjoy your day!

Jim said...

Now we know your secret to becoming a champion rodeo cowboy, it starts with riding your pony to grade school.
Hey Miss Pat looks the same as she did 25 yr ago, what happened to that bearded guy next to her. :)

Mike McFall said...

Sorry Judy, you have every right to be confused! Thanks for catching that for me....I'm 76,,,,the picture was taken approx 68 years ago...... Please don't make me 84.......Its flying by to fast the way it is....
Sorry for the error, I corrected it..

Happytrails said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you both!! Hope your day is a blessed one!!

Sue and Doug said...

Happy Thanksgiving!!..enjoy your day with Ms. Pat!!!