Sunday, June 15, 2008

A lot to be THANKFUL for !

I wish I had a way with words like my friend Nick Russell, who publishes the GYPSY JOURNAL http://www.gypsyjournal.net/NicksBlog.htm

But I don't and I'm really at a loss for words today. Last week I couldn't even think and I simply published Scott's obituary. It was a tough past few weeks, but my memories of Scott keep telling me that I know he would want us to carry on. So, we will do our best to do that.

Yesterday, as I drove for 4 hours West from Lincoln to North Platte on our way to our place in the Black Hills of South Dakota, I was thinking. .......I have a LOT to be thankful for.

I'm thankful I had the privilege of knowing Scott for nearly 47 years !

I'm thankful we decided to go to Lincoln and visit with him this last few weeks... truly God's Blessing. Pat and I were right there by his side during all of this unexpected terrible turn for the worse....and there by his side when he left us for a better place.

I'm thankful I have Pat to help me through this. She loved Scott as one of her own, and Scott loved her like a Mom.

I'm thankful I have my two other boys, Mikel and Patrick.

I'm just so thankful of so many things, I could go on for hours. But one thing that I'm especially thankful for is all our friends and family.......Wow !!! , I want to thank each and every one of you from my heart. The emails, cards, calls, flowers, contributions, and super support was really something.........Thank you all very much, it means so much to us.

We want to get an early start this morning, so we can get on up to the beautiful Black Hills....They have been getting lots of moisture and I understand that the hills are extra green and real pretty!!!

Come on up and see us !!!

It was a GREAT (thankful) DAY!!!!

God Bless,
Mike

No comments: