Sunday, March 4, 2012

La Fiesta Celebration at North Ranch. March 2012

Yesterday was the Big Annual La Fiesta Celebration here at North Ranch in Arizona.

P1030102
We had a big Parade with Fire Engines and everything.  It started at 9:30 am and the weather turned out beautiful. The local North Ranch Amateur Radio Club, of which I am a member, asked me if I would set up my Golf Cart with a Ham Radio and control traffic at one of the intersections. I was happy to oblige. Been a long time since I had gotten involved with any Ham Radio activities and it felt kinda good.  Anyhow, I kept everything at my intersection under control and had a good view of the Parade!

P1030140
Here is my Golf Cart all equipped with my call plates and 2 meter radio. I enjoy hooking up these portable mobile radios for traffic control. It worked great.

P1030107P1030108

"I love old Pickup trucks.....little baby ducks.....and Country Grass!" :-)


P1030105
The Grand Marshalls..............
P1030106
The Red Hat Queen…                                 


P1030114
Aw, now here come the Line Dancers………..that’s what I was looking for.

P1030116

Yeah.....that’s what I was waiting for!  Look.....guess who that is waving the South Dakota flag to me.


P1030126
It was a gala affair and here is Edie with her beautiful “talking” Parrot……she does talk too!!

P1030133
The theme of the event this year was “See the USA the North Ranch Way”! There were Arts and Crafts all around the Activities Center, along with games and snack vendors. There was lots of good FOOD!! The “Pulled Pork” was delicious!

P1030123
Plus, I met the Mad Hatter Lady that sells pins to benefit the La Fiesta celebration. I proudly bought a pin from this great saleslady!!
P1030124
But best of all I traded hats with her…. made a pretty good trade, don’t you think?  Thanks for letting me pose in your hat Bev......I love it!

P1030137
There were lots of beautifully decorated floats in the parade but I thought this wagon full of “Hot Air” said it all….

P1030141
One of the main highlights of our day was meeting Yvonne.  Yvonne is the widow of a gentleman that left a very impressive shadow throughout this area. Many of you have written and mentioned to me how much you enjoyed Gerry Cavanaugh and the part he played in your life.  One of the Shooting Bays out at the Shooting Range has a big sign that is dedicated to him. In fact, you saw it in one of my pictures a few Blogs back.  

It was a GREAT WEEK!!!!     But WAIT......it's not over yet!  We are so excited as I hurriedly write this Blog so we can leave here about 7:00 am this morning to go over to Lake Havasu City, about 150 miles from here, to son Patrick's place where he has special visitors visiting him. Remember a while back when I told you about our Granddaughter Shala having twins?  Shala and her husband Ryan live in Lincoln, Nebraska and are spending a few days in Arizona. We are so anxious to see them. As I understand it, the babies are due in June.....that's not long.....it'll be here before you know it.

We’re outta here..... tell ya'll about it next time………

Thank you for stopping by.

Mike

This Blog is Published every Sunday and Wednesday..

14 comments:

Sam&Donna Weibel said...

Looks like you remember your class at the Academy in Traffic Direction, good to see you back on the job. Looks like Ms Pat had fun in the parade too. I love those kind of things.When I was Chief at the Lake we had a big parade and day on the 4th of July, the best day of the year out there. Be safe out there. Sam & donna..

KarenInTheWoods said...

Whewie looks like a great event. Any excuse for a party, eh? LOVED the Washington Float... tee heeee

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Karen and Steve
(Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

Jim and Sandie said...

You guys definitely know how to party.

squawmama said...

What a fun filled place your park looks like... We have twin grandsons and they are a pleasure to all... I am excited for them!!!
Have fun & Travel safe
Donna

Muffy's Marks said...

There is something to be said about small town parades. Oh the fun. Hope you enjoy Havasu, it our choice of winter cities. And this coming week's weather should be perfect!

pam ridgely said...

Looks like a lot of fun going on at North Ranch. I do have one question.

The plant behind Pat and the line dancers had cups on it. Was that for decoration or was it to protect it.

Wondering minds......

Anonymous said...

Hi Mike and Pat
It looks like y'all are having WAY too much FUN!!!
That is great!!
Enjoy!!
Don in Okla.

Rod Ivers said...

Wow nice parade! Atta boy on the Ham Radio golf cart........ I'm KI0BW, but like you don't get on as much any more.....

Sue and Doug said...

looks like you all had a great day for a parade!!..have a great week!!

Kevin and Tracy (a.k.a. kcgaz) said...

Looks like a great day was had by all! We love parades and when there is pulled pork too...it doesn't get much better than that. Safe travels to Lake Havasu City!

Al Bossence said...

Surprised to see the word Yamaha on the front of that golf cart. Figured you would be driving a Harley Gatorson cart for sure. We could hear the whoopin, cheerin & hollerin from that North Ranch La Fiesta parade way out here in the boonies yesterday. Ya got a wild bunch in there:))

Bev said...

"Happy Hatter," Mike..."Happy Hatter"! Great Photos! You look good in that "Happy" Hat. A fun time for all! Thanks for the compliment! Most of all, THANK YOU and Miss Pat for supporting La Fiesta.

Janna and Mike said...

Glad to hear you guys are going to Patrick's--we sure enjoyed meeting them last year.

Paul and Marsha Weaver OCT. 17, 2009 said...

Looks like a great parade! Hope you two are there when we get there. Be there around April 9. We would enjoy meeting you...face to face. ~wheresweaver